Security Professionals involved in the acquisition and deployment of security equipment have more to add to their checklists these days. How so? As the devices we use to secure facilities have improved over the last two decades, these same devices have also introduced new security challenges. A misstep today has the potential to sideline your […]
It is no secret that the bureaucracy within our educational system is hampering the security of students at schools in the United States. In New Jersey, Clifton High School has increased the security risks to their student population by delaying the implementation of security upgrades for nearly a year now. That’s right, the Board of […]
Back in the early 80’s I worked for a large retailer with limited video surveillance technology from the 70’s. I’m talking cameras with vacuum tubes in them. Box cameras that really were the size of shoebox. Invariably, they never worked. Between age, little to no maintenance, and multiple points of failure—these cameras were practically useless […]
What do YOU do if 1 of every 7 surveillance cameras in your facility has failed? This is the situation facing the Hawaii State Capitol Building where 9 of 64 surveillance cameras don’t work. They all worked three years ago and it was only six years ago that the entire system was installed. Apparently the […]
About Our President
Through Voice of Security, his goal is to provide a resource to the Security Industry that leverages the power of the internet, social media, and professional industry outreach in new and exciting ways. About Vince
- I Sell, Therefore I am. NOT! Apr 16, 2012
- Retro Surveillance at the Purple Cow Mar 30, 2012
- Ten Tips for Better Security Operations Apr 10, 2012
- When Investigations Hit Home Apr 5, 2012
- Maintaining Security Systems Mar 20, 2012
- Two-Factor Authentication May 7, 2013
- News Events & Security Marketing: Caution May 5, 2013
- 5 Months Later: Sandy Hook School Violence May 5, 2013
- Mandated Video Surveillance? May 5, 2013
- Q & A: Michele Freadman, CPP Aug 5, 2012
- Michael Brady: Vince This answer may be a litle more meta than...
- Vince Regan: Hi Joe--So few organizations use security consulta...
- Vince Regan: Hi Tim, I really agree with the idea of being a b...
- Vince Regan: Kevin--I hear you on the educated buyer. I someti...
- Joe Chernicoff: So what else is New? Look, the sales pro has one o...
Categorized Site Content
Site Usage Tutorials
The links below lead to tutorials that may help new members get the most from their Voice of Security experience. They are intentionally written to be simplistic and geared toward users new to sites such as this.
Of course, you are more than welcome to contact us for any specifics.