I’m a huge advocate of “Stand-Up” meetings. That’s right, gathering a security staff together and having a discussion while standing up. On the face of it, the idea can sound silly. Many might wonder how it’s any different than your team sitting around a conference room table and meeting. Others may think the whole idea […]
Often when we think of Security Marketing, we think of the manufacturers cranking out product press releases or planning for their next trade show. Sometimes we think of Integrators and their efforts to influence and win new security accounts and projects for their business. But what about the Marketing being done by the Security or […]
Security Professionals involved in the acquisition and deployment of security equipment have more to add to their checklists these days. How so? As the devices we use to secure facilities have improved over the last two decades, these same devices have also introduced new security challenges. A misstep today has the potential to sideline your […]
Sometimes less is more. Below are Ten Tips for Better Security Operations. Consider using this list to stimulate thought as you review your security operations. 1. Be Strategic 2. Develop Structure 3. Leverage Everyone 4. Document Actions 5. Analyze Trends 6. Develop Trust 7. Work with Emotion 8. Be Prepared 9. Think Future 10. Persevere […]
Partnerships exist in all industries and the Security Industry is no different. It seems to me that the best partnerships form out of a desire to provide a better product or service to a customer, facility, or other interested party. Examples in the security industry include security consultants with different strengths teaming up to better […]
Good Security Departments have well-documented, necessary procedures that are clearly communicated to facility staff, visitors and vendors. Generally speaking, we can break security procedures into three groups, based on how they came into existence. Standards – Many procedures are pretty standard among facilities. Procedures such as visitor security, bomb threats, severe weather, package checks, and […]
About Our President
Through Voice of Security, his goal is to provide a resource to the Security Industry that leverages the power of the internet, social media, and professional industry outreach in new and exciting ways. About Vince
- I Sell, Therefore I am. NOT! Apr 16, 2012
- When Investigations Hit Home Apr 5, 2012
- Ten Tips for Better Security Operations Apr 10, 2012
- Maintaining Security Systems Mar 20, 2012
- Retro Surveillance at the Purple Cow Mar 30, 2012
- Two-Factor Authentication May 7, 2013
- News Events & Security Marketing: Caution May 5, 2013
- 5 Months Later: Sandy Hook School Violence May 5, 2013
- Mandated Video Surveillance? May 5, 2013
- Q & A: Michele Freadman, CPP Aug 5, 2012
- Michael Brady: Vince This answer may be a litle more meta than...
- Vince Regan: Hi Joe--So few organizations use security consulta...
- Vince Regan: Hi Tim, I really agree with the idea of being a b...
- Vince Regan: Kevin--I hear you on the educated buyer. I someti...
- Joe Chernicoff: So what else is New? Look, the sales pro has one o...
Categorized Site Content
Site Usage Tutorials
The links below lead to tutorials that may help new members get the most from their Voice of Security experience. They are intentionally written to be simplistic and geared toward users new to sites such as this.
Of course, you are more than welcome to contact us for any specifics.